Monday, September 7, 2009

Week 2

I'm still a newbie with this blog stuff. I've created blogs before, but only for an assignment. I didn't have to keep coming back. Not to mention, I really get frustrated navigating through this site. Well, now that I have gotten that off my chest. This week's "thing" was kind of fun. I forgot that I created an avatar before, but never did anything with it. There were some new things to work with. So I put myself standing in front of some ancient looking site. I added another picture, a Simpsonized version of me. That looks more like me than the avatar. I kind of wish I looked like the avatar. I learned to export the avatar to my blog. That was a bit of a challenge because I kept having to go back to the instructions and make sure I was clicking in the right places.

I know blogs are supposed to be diaries, but I guess I just never had time to really work with them other than a single assignment. I don't think I've gotten into blogging because I'm not sure I want to be expressing my thoughts and putting them "out there" for anyone to read. So call me the "Reluctant Blogger."

2 comments:

  1. I understand how you feel. Blogging makes me feel a little vulnerable. This project has made it easier, though, since the "23 things" provides an outline for the blog. I had a blast with the avatar, too. I think yours looks great by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you, reluctant blogger. I still have yard work that needs to be done, and housework, and grocery shopping, and yikes! I'm still on that computer! I'll be the Amish blogger.

    ReplyDelete

Web 2.0 The Machine is Using Us (Final)