
I am exploring Flickr and totally blown away by some of the pictures I have seen. What I mean is that I am so overwhelmingly impressed by the photographs that people have uploaded to this website that I am nearly speechless. I decided to check out a feature called "Interestingness." The folks at Flickr choose the most interesting pictures that have been uploaded on a particular day. There was a drop-down box to choose a month and then a calendar pops up with one photo showing each day of the month. I chose September 1, 2009 for no particular reason really. Since this is the first time I am taking time to explore Flickr, I am just choosing randomly. There are so many beautiful and interesting pictures but nothing really "spoke to me."
Then I came across a photo of Venice, Italy that was uploaded on September 2nd. I stopped and sighed. I wish I could go there. I went to the Tuscan region in 2004. I fell in love with Italy. I wish I could go back. If I did, Venice would be one of the places I would like to see. I watch travel shows on PBS and on the Travel Channel. This picture is so bright. I can imagine myself taking a ride on a gondola on a sunny day and looking at those colorful buildings. I hear Italian opera when I see pictures of Italy. I really hope I will be able to go back to Italy someday.
Then I came across a photo of Venice, Italy that was uploaded on September 2nd. I stopped and sighed. I wish I could go there. I went to the Tuscan region in 2004. I fell in love with Italy. I wish I could go back. If I did, Venice would be one of the places I would like to see. I watch travel shows on PBS and on the Travel Channel. This picture is so bright. I can imagine myself taking a ride on a gondola on a sunny day and looking at those colorful buildings. I hear Italian opera when I see pictures of Italy. I really hope I will be able to go back to Italy someday.
Yes, I thought that was Venice -- how do you see Flickr being used in libraries? Did you do any mashups?
ReplyDeleteLooks beautiful! Flickr can make you daydream about places and things to see!
ReplyDeleteFlickr could definitely be used in libraries when students are doing projects like photo essays that show creativity and demonstrate self expression. I didn't do any mashups because I couldn't think of anything clever at the time, but I will revisit that site and try again.
ReplyDelete